Included in the survey are the flags of the following entities:
- The 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia;
- The five inhabited U.S. insular areas;
- Micronesia and the Marshall Islands, two of three independent states that are in with the United States (the third, , is not included);
- The 13 Canadian provinces and territories;
- The Canadian region of Labrador (the province of Newfoundland and Labrador was named "Newfoundland" until 2001, though Labrador was already a part of it).
Georgia, which ended in last place in the survey, adopted a new flag in 2003, as did Mississippi in 2020. Smaller changes were made to the flags of Louisiana (2006 and 2010), Utah (2011) and New York (2020).
Results[edit | edit source]
The following gallery shows the results of the survey. The average score of each flag is listed in parentheses.